Monday, August 19, 2013

Did al-Askari (as) have a son ?

Muhammad Ibn Yahya from Ahmad Ibn Ishaq from Abu Hashim al-Ja'fari who said: "Once I said to Abu Muhammad (al-Askari), your grace causes shyness in me to ask you questions. May I ask you a question? He said, yes, you may ask. I asked, my master, do you have a son? He said, yes. I then asked, if anything will happen to you, where would I ask about him ? He replied, in Madina."
 محمد بن يحيى، عن أحمد بن إسحاق، عن أبي هاشم الجعفري قال: قلت لابي محمد (عليه السلام): جلالتك تمنعني من مسألتك، فتأذن لي أن أسألك؟ فقال: سل، قلت:
يا سيدي هل لك ولد؟ فقال: نعم، فقلت: فإن بك حدث فأين أسأل عنه؟ فقال:
بالمدينة.
- Usul al-Kafi, Vol.1, Page 328, Hadith Number 2


Authentfication :

Muhammad Ibn Yahya:
Scholar [from] our companions in his time, Thiqah Ayn. شيخ أصحابنا في زمانه ثقة عين - Rijal al-Najashi, Page 353.

Ahmad Ibn Ishaq:
Thiqah. ثقة - Rijal al-Tusi, Page 397.

Abu Hashim al-Ja'fari:
Peace be upon him, Thiqah great the position. عليه السلام ثقة جليل - Rijal al-Tusi, Page 375.

The chain is Sahih.

2 comments:

  1. ahadith sahih: https://velayet.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/imam-mehdi-a-sin-viladeti-dogumu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. masha allah, Ahmad bin Ishaq was one of the well known major companions of our 11th Imam (as), and may we all be among the companions of his son!

    ReplyDelete